Sunday, February 27, 2011

Babies (Part II)

A few words about my mother-in-law, Cathy.

From the moment I told her I was starting a business, she's been 100% supportive. I remember when I first told her about it. I started off by sharing what I was doing and how I was intending on doing it. She seemed excited for me, just like any mother-in-law would.

But then I told her I was naming the business after her granddaughter and her excitement level went through the roof. If she hadn't already decided she would be supportive, she was fully on board now. That evening I think I received about three emails from her with different projects she would like me to do. If there was a way she could help me, she was going to do it. I was (and still am) oh-so-thankful.

One of the projects was to make invitations for a baby shower she was involved in throwing. Josh and Amanda are the son and daughter-in-law of one of her closest friends, Ines, and they were having a baby girl.

What I loved about this project was that it was my first lesson in simplicity. I realized that when you're working with a good paper product, you can make a beautiful invitation with very little material. Here's the finished product...


So simple. I love it.

We liked the color combination of green and brown and then we decided to add in an orange-ish/pink color ('persimmon', to be exact :)) with the envelope. I threw in the cute little bird with a funky paisley print on him and we had our little baby shower invite! I loved it because it said "it's a girl" without being too...pink-ish.

So congratulations to Josh and Amanda and thank you again to my mother-in-law for letting me play a (small) part in their baby shower! 

No comments:

Post a Comment