Monday, March 28, 2011

Virginia is for Lovers.

My brothers have scored big when it comes to their significant others.

I mean, seriously. They're great guys, but the girls they have ended up with have surpassed my expectations. When I am around them, I'm constantly grateful for how much I genuinely enjoy time with them, how fun they are, and how wonderfully they complement my brothers. They are both excellent additions to our family.

These women also have great style. Thus the reason for this post.

My brother Jeff is about to get married to his girlfriend of five years, Ashley.  They're getting married in Virginia at a beautiful old mill on a creek over Memorial Day weekend. Their colors are pink and green - perfect for a Virginia wedding in May (yes, I am an expert on Virginia weddings and their colors).

So when my sister-in-law, Heather, and I came together to plan Ashley's wedding shower, we naturally decided to go along with the color scheme for the wedding. Starting with the invitation, of course.

The front:



(Aren't they so cute?!)

And the back:


Another simple invitation. I didn't feel like the paisley card stock needed anything more than a picture and a ribbon to dress it up ever so slightly. And the pink and green provided the perfect color palette for the invitation.

I love it. I love my brother. I love my future sister-in-law. And I cannot (cannot!) wait for May. :) 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for your whole fam... and the invitations are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't get enough of that pink ribbon around the invite. Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete