Thursday, September 1, 2011

Month End Review

I've decided that making a monthly to-do list and posting it on my blog is a must. Even if absolutely no one but myself and my mother see it, it is seriously the best way to hold myself accountable to getting things done. It certainly worked this month. No, I did not accomplish everything on my August Fun List...in fact, one thing I threw out completely. But I sure did a heck of a lot better than I would have if I hadn't made it at all. Check out all of these crossed off tasks:



A few things:

-The Big X over 'attempt to enjoy gardening' is because I threw that one out the window a few weeks ago. I had become so frustrated with my attempts at gardening that one day I just started yanking plants out of my garden. I've honestly felt 100% better about gardening ever since (so maybe I should have considered that an accomplished task?).

-I did not buy any perennials but my mother offered me some irises from her garden (which are now planted in my front garden, albeit dead).

-The plan was to hang up curtains that I already owned in our guest bedroom, basement, and kitchen, but it turns out that curtains that were appropriate for an apartment do not always seem appropriate for a grown up condo. So, new curtains are on my to-buy list for the fall. 

-Make a picture I love into a canvas will also be on my to-buy list for the fall. I ran out of money this month because of my pinterest inspired projects... 

But here are some photos from things that I did do this month.

1. Complete a Pinterest inspired project. Done, and done.

I had been eyeing this idea for a while. 

http://belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2006/08/fabric_panels.html

So here's my own version.


This one Pinterest inspired project turned into a complete office makeover. As I was doing it, I was suddenly inspired to move all of my invitation related things into our guest room and I now have an official area to do my work. Other projects suddenly came up, like painting the desk in the picture. The desk was the bottom part of an old hutch my parents gave me that I painted with 4 year old paint from my old apartment. It is now my new desk and I love it.

2. Hang out more at my parent's pool/spend time with my niece and nephews.


I combined these two goals and brought the nephews and niece right to my parent's pool...in fact, there was another gathering there this afternoon. I've also just taken a few afternoons to go over and read by the pool, which also has helped me accomplish the ever so important goal of relaxing.


Oh, just look at how happy he is. 

We also enjoyed some of this, poolside:


which came from here:

http://stephaniecooks.blogspot.com/2010/12/cake-batter-bark.html

I'm telling you, if you're not on Pinterest, get on there. Right now.

3. Dance the night away with some of my favorite ladies in Atlanta.

This was definitely accomplished, along with visiting Chattanooga, all in one trip. I loved every single minute!



I consider this goal more than accomplished because we not only danced at my friend Heidi's reception, we also danced around the greek restaurant that we went to for dinner the night before, and then came home and had a little dance party in Heidi's living room (pictures intentionally not shown...). 

All in all, there was a good bit of dancing. :) 

So there are a few of the things I accomplished. I also did learn a word a day (www.wordsmith.org), continued reading (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), hit up a few thrift stores (though I came home empty handed), and managed to get all of my photos into Kodak Gallery photo albums. It was a good month. 

Now off to make my September to-do list...more on that later. :) 

2 comments:

  1. Um, I want an office now. Yours looks so nice! And congrats on all that list crossing off-ing. It does feel good, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the new office. It looks great...so great...I'm now okay with sharing "our" (Me, Rach & Kauris) room with your office. ;p

    ReplyDelete