Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mel's Housewarming Party Invites

This is a sad post.

Sad, because it could be my last post about my dear, wonderful customer, Melissa.

(Side note: not that she's made a statement saying she will never use me again...it's just that it is the final project that I've been working on for her lately.)

Let's recap. I first did a shower invite for Melissa and then a baptism invitation for that same sweet little boy. You can see those here and here. Then Melissa (or Mel as I sometimes like to throw out when I'm feeling crazy) and her family moved. I did some "We've Moved!" postcards for her that you can see here.

But Mel isn't the kind of girl that is going to just move and then do nothing about it. Based only on her fabulous Pinterest pics, I knew she had a lot in store for this new house and she would obviously want to share that with their friends and family. So a housewarming party was a necessity.

Mel decided to have it right after the holidays so we didn't go with a Christmas-y theme, but we decided to still make it winter-y (ironically, winter has yet to show up very much in Michigan this year). Here's what we came up with.


I just loved the silver and the light blue together. And the snow flakes. And the Hiatus and Birmingham fonts (Birmingham is my new favorite...and it's free).

All in all, a nice farewell to Mel...my most loyal customer in 2011. ;)

But before I officially put away all 2011 projects, there's just a few more that I wanted to share. As much as possible, I tried to incorporate paper products into my presents/decor over the Christmas season. So here are a few little snippets of things that were really fun to make, and hopefully made some special people happy.


1. A birthday gift for the best friend.
2. A fun countdown for the BFFs who will be making their trek to Michigan to visit me in March.
3. A little bookmark for the ladies in my book club.
4. My take on a modern Advent Calendar inside a glass dome for my husband and me.

So there you have it. I'm done posting invitations from 2011 and next week begins a new year of projects and a lot more to show. Each wedding will not only include invitations, but a lot of fun extras, like programs, menu cards, place cards, thank you cards, and some seating charts. Which only means lots of fun blog posts. :)

(Oh, and to throw a BTW in here...I already have three - three! - Christmas cards done. The unofficial goal now is to do one blog post a month showing some new designs. Those will be coming up in the next few weeks.)

Want to hear more about the value of custom invitations? Check out this post

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the advent in the glass dome! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this post. The housewarming invitation was certainly not our last project together. How could I deprive my loved ones of such beautiful paper products? I look for every excuse to work with you and your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete