Thursday, April 19, 2012

Jaime's Wedding Shower Invitations

I'm writing this on Monday morning. It's the beginning of a new week, but I keep thinking back on the week I just had. My husband and I were off for spring break and I ended up spending my time off finishing 3 weddings, putting together extras for another wedding (that I actually was able to attend!), and designing and printing a shower invitation. 

During the whole week, the quote that kept going through my mind was: "Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life." (Apparently this is by Confucious...I just knew I had heard it somewhere before.)

Though I was overwhelmed at times (I designed and printed my first seating chart in about 3 days...more on that in the weeks to come), I truly loved my week. It didn't feel like work at all and it made me want to work even harder to make sure that all of my weeks were just like that one.

All that to say, I love what I'm doing, and I want to do it a really really long time.

But enough journaling using my blog...today I want to talk about Jaime's wedding shower invitations. 

I introduced you to Jaime in March when I did her Save the Dates. Jaime texted a few weeks after I completed them to give me a heads up that her mom might be calling me about doing her shower invitations, too. I was naturally excited. Jaime has been amazing to work with and so I figured her mom would probably be, too. 

She was. We didn't have a ton of time, so we started the design process and finished it in about a week. Here's what we came up with.


I used Context Reprise Light and Gelato fonts. I love them both. Context Reprise is so modern and Gelato is girly and fun.


I printed on white linen card stock and used fun Boa (translation - a shimmery hot pink) envelopes from Envelopments.


Right after these were picked up and sent out, Jaime and I started working on her wedding invitations. I'm excited to see what we come up with and I'm so honored to work with such a great bride (and her mom!).

1 comment:

  1. I love that you love what you are doing. And you're pretty darn good at it to. ;)

    ReplyDelete