Friday, April 13, 2012

Kendra and Robert's Ombré Invitations

Ombré

n. A French term meaning "shaded." Usually a multicolored stripe, with colors graduating from light to dark. 

This is the definition I had to look up immediately after reading Kendra's first email to me, when she asked me about doing her wedding invitations. She mentioned she wanted ombré invitations and honestly, I had no clue what that meant.

Luckily, the internet is a handy little tool and I learned pretty quickly.

Side note - While educating myself on all things ombré, I started wondering if I could get away with an ombré hair style like Ms. Barrymore here:

Photo found here
After a few minutes of considering this, I realized that I can try this look out for free since it takes me months to get my roots done anyway. Yay!

Back to the invitations.

Kendra and her fiancé live in NYC but are getting married in Michigan. They really wanted to bring a Michigan feel to their wedding invitations by having an ombré background, giving the appearance of a lake (we are the Great Lakes State, you know).

Here's the final invitation suite - the invite, an RSVP card, and a tiny card that directs their guests to their website. 



The font is Halo Handletter. Definitely a favorite among my brides.


Did you notice the Faygo Root Beer braised beef short ribs? Totally a Michigan wedding. Love it.



To complete the suite, Kendra selected ecru (translation - off white) envelopes with blue writing. They balanced out the invitation suite perfectly.

I absolutely loved how these turned out and am thrilled that I will continue to work with Kendra on all of the extras for her wedding day!

Want to hear more about the value of custom invitations? Check out this post

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm pretty much down with the ombre look but these invites by far rock it the best I've ever seen! The blue with the white...um yeah, heart it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so pretty. I swoon for ombre, now that I know what it is.

    ReplyDelete