Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rew's 80s Halloween Evitation

(You know I love saying evitation.)

The Halloween fun continues on Vivian Elle's blog this week, and this time I have a super low maintenance evite to a totally rad 80s Halloween party.  And I'm excited.  Hurrah!

Heidi is pretty much one of the stars of this blog. So much so that I don't even have the energy to tag every post she's shown up in. She's asked me to help her with several projects now and came to me a month or so ago to see if I could help her get ready for her 80s Halloween Party that she was throwing this year.

You see, in case you don't remember, Heidi likes to throw parties, and she is good at it. She doesn't just throw a party; she adds all of these little details that make a party great. Like, one of the best you've ever been to. You can see her adventures in partying on her blog, Parties for Pennies.

So when Heidi came to me to help her with her very first evite, we just had to get a design down and we were all set.

Here's what we came up with:


It was super fun finding a bunch of 80s fonts to use. We used Ash, Age, Nova Solid, Novecento Wide, and My Girl is Retro (my personal new favorite).

I LOVE that Heidi wanted to use the phrase "no duh." How great is that phrase? Should I try to bring it back? No? OK...

And last, but not least, I love love love the bright colors she used. That's what I love most about the 80s being back in style. The brights. Give me bright colors or give me death. (extreme)

So that's it for the Halloween fun on the blog. Next week we'll start up with regular old invitations again. Until then, I just want to wish everyone a Happy (and safe!) Halloween!

Ohhh, one last thing...have you checked out Vivian Elle's Etsy shop yet? If not, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment