Thursday, October 18, 2012

Melissa's Halloween Party Invites

I have a confession and I would like to declare it right here, right now on this blog:

I've never really liked Halloween. 

(You're judging me, aren't you?)

I know this admission will make me wildly unpopular with every other person on the planet. I know this because I've realized over the past few years that every other person on the planet LOVES Halloween. 

I mean, it was always fun as a kid (mom - all of those years of putting me in costumes and parading me around the neighborhood were not in vain!), and I love me a good piece of chocolate, so that was always a treat, but when it comes right down to it, Halloween is just not my jam. 

Maybe it's because I don't have kids yet, so I don't get to dress them up as a little pea pod or  a pumpkin or a turnip (does anyone do a turnip?). Or maybe it's because if we actually do go to a party, I'm too cheap to buy a cool Halloween costume so I end up just throwing together something five minutes before and it's just not as cool as everyone else's costumes. 

Whatever the reason is, it is just not my favorite holiday. I have to accept this and move on with my life. 

However, do not let this cranky old non-Halloween loving lady fool you. I will work on a Halloween party invitation any and every day. So when Melissa (from here, here, and here) came to me to see if I could make a Halloween invitation for a party she was throwing for her two little boys, I was on it.

Melissa emailed me, saying that she found these invitations on Etsy, but didn't like that they were printed on photo paper. She asked if I could do something similar, and I was more than happy to help. 


I liked the green/gray color pallette more than the standard orange, and I thought these ombré-like chevron stripes were perfect for the backdrop.


I did my best to freehand our little spider there. I think he's gangly and cute. :) 


We used plain white envelopes. Guest's addresses fit nicely in between the two chevron stripes that we included on them. 


Melissa is such a sweet mom to these two boys and I know that she will throw them a killer Halloween party.

Next week, I'll show a fun 80s Halloween party email invitation that I did for one of my BFFs. The Halloween fun continues and I promise I'm excited about it. :)

But reeeaaalllly quickly before I go, if you haven't seen Vivian Elle's Etsy shop yet, hop on over there, would you?  Click here to view our new shop and check out the Grand Opening special - if you purchase your Holiday Photo Cards before November 1, you'll get 25 free cards (you're overly excited, aren't you?).

Also, Vivian Elle's Etsy Shop now has baby announcements! Did you just have a new little bundle of joy? Show your beautiful baby off with one of our photo cards. Here are some of the new designs.





No comments:

Post a Comment