Thursday, March 7, 2013

Brayden and Conor's Birthday Party Invites

Birthdays as a kid were the best.

I remember waking up on my birthday as a child and the "birthday ferry" had come. My room was completely decked out with streamers and balloons and it started off my entire day as a celebration. It probably cost my parents - errrr...I mean the "birthday ferry" - very little money, but it made me feel like I was the most special thing in the world.

Melissa reminds me of my own parents. I used to work with her and she is one of those moms who you know just loves her kids to death and wants to do anything to make sure that on their birthdays, they feel like the luckiest kids alive.

So Melissa came to me to create the perfect birthday invitation for a joint party she was doing for her two little boys at a gym. Here's what we came up with.


I've worked with Melissa enough to know that she loves to have invitations that match the theme of the day, without being too "little kid-ish." I knew if I sent her an invitation with a big teddy bear on it she would most likely fire me immediately. So instead we went for modern rainbow chevrons (man, I hope those never go out of style). 



I love how fun and happy these invites are, while also being distinctly for a boy's party. 


Melissa wanted to announce the ages of her two boys somewhere, but it just didn't seem to fit on the actual invite. Instead, we added their ages to a bunch of balloons on the envelope.

Melissa's boys are so fortunate. I wholeheartedly believe that every child should have someone in their lives that loves to celebrate them, and she certainly does that for her little boys.

Next week I'll share about a fun little trip I'm about to take this weekend and show off a little baby announcement I did for one my BFFs. And then...weddings!

Want to hear more about the value of custom invitations? Check out this post

No comments:

Post a Comment