Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Josh and Leah's Bright Baby Shower Invitations

In high school, everyone should have a friend like Josh. 

Josh and I met sometime around junior year and became quick friends. We had several classes together (mostly AP classes, which he was in because he was smart and I was in because I have no idea) and I remember us always walking together from class to class, chatting about our days and most likely, laughing (Josh is hands-down one of the funniest people I've ever met). We hung out outside of school and I got to know his family, too, who are equally as funny as Josh. Josh was a consistent friend throughout my upperclassmen years and I am so grateful for that.

One day, about five years ago now, Josh called and said he had someone he'd like me to meet. One morning, we got together at my house for breakfast and Josh introduced me to Leah, the girl he was going to marry. It took about two minutes to realize that he had found a good woman, one who he'd be happy with for the rest of his life. They were married in 2009, and now they're expecting their first baby. 

When Josh called to tell me that Leah was pregnant, he pretty much immediately asked if I would do the baby shower invitations. My friends are, of course, in no way required to do this, but I'm always honored when they do. 

I ended up working with Josh's mother-in-law, Jane, on these and here's what we came up with. 


Jane wanted bright colors, which was perfectly fine with me considering almost everything I design for myself is filled with bright pink, green, and purple. It felt very natural to do the same for these cards. :)


I love the baby carriage the most. Jane found the little poem we used. It reads:

Ten little fingers
ten little toes
boy or girl
no one knows!

Josh and Leah aren't finding out the sex of their baby. I am in complete awe of them doing this, especially since it's their first.


Fonts are BebasContext Reprise, with a tiny bit of Champagne and Limousines.



It was so fun to create this invitation for Josh and Leah, and I was honored to be included in their day. It was a beautiful shower for a beautiful couple. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love these invites! You know what else I love? The proper white balance of these photos :)

    ReplyDelete