Thursday, April 17, 2014

Leah and Steven's Cooking Challenge Library Card Shower Invitations

How do you like that blog post title?

Alright, a little insight into designing an invitation:

Some invitations come together rather smoothly. I chat with my client, they tell me what they want, and somehow I give them something that they like. 

Other invitations take a little more work. Like this one. 


When a past bride, Erin, came to me to make these shower invitations for a cooking challenge shower (how fun is that?) for her sister-in-law, she also threw in the fact that she knew the wedding would have books and doilies. For some reason, this just wasn't all connecting in my head, and the perfect invitation wasn't coming together at all.  I would design a little and then take a break and then design a little more and then take an even longer break.


But then I thought that maybe - just maybe - books and cooking could go together by designing an old library cook book card and then things started moving. We covered books, cooking, and the vintage touch that doilies bring in one fell swoop.


And that's how this invitation came together. When I sent the draft off, it was one of those instances where I knew that my dear recurring client would be happy. :) And she was.



This was my week of catching up on the blog and I feel good about the result. There are many more projects to come in the next few weeks, but for now my husband and I are off to Denver to hang out with some friends and hopefully spend a good amount of time relaxing. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment