Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dan and Jaime's Moving Announcements

Who doesn't love summer? Seriously, is there anyone out there who is not 100% completely and utterly thrilled when the weather gets warmer, the days get longer, and the smell of summer is in the air?

Last summer I was making myself crazy trying to get our house put together. We officially moved into our home on June 1 and I'm not kidding - I went nuts for 3 weeks trying to make it livable.

This summer, I'm able to enjoy myself more. I've gardened, we've headed out for some day trips, and I've played my share of recreational sports (my husband and I are on a volleyball and softball league. no, I am not athletic). I've been able to step back and breathe and enjoy myself.

But as wonderful as this stage is, I wouldn't appreciate it as much had we not gone through the super hectic/crazy stage of moving. And because it is one of those stages in life that bring about a lot of change and a good share of adjustments, it should be marked by a moving announcement. I did our own moving announcements and proudly displayed them here last year. But had we moved a year later than we did, I guarantee you I would have stolen this girl's moving announcement to use for myself.

Jaime and her husband, Dan, are moving to Indianapolis this summer. I've become pretty familiar with Jaime by this point. Not only have I done her wedding invites, I also did a shower invitewedding extras, and thank you cards for her. And now she's asked me to do her moving announcements. That makes five events. I think there is some sort of award she should get for this.

Jaime was pretty low maintenance when it came to these announcements. She basically said she wanted something that was simple and bright. Seeing as I love all things that are bright, I was on board. Here's what we came up with.


I think one of my favorite things to do lately (besides anything summer related) is use this U.S. graphic that I have. I used it with this invitation suite in my Etsy shop and I thought it would be fun to use it for these announcements, too.


You can't see it super well in these pictures (how bad is it that I was too lazy to shoot some more so you could see it?), but under the We're Moving sign, it says, "Come Visit!" and the little postage stamp thing at the top says their last name and Indianapolis, Minnesota.



Jaime had the cute idea of making a list of cool facts about Indianapolis. In case you can't see them, they are:

It's home of the largest children's museum in the world.
It's the only major city in the U.S. NOT located on a river.
It's the 12th largest city in the U.S.
It's home of the big twn.
It's the top popcorn producing state.


...and the Taylor's are moving there.


So, Jaime will be getting an award for my most loyal client. She is wonderful and I wish her and her husband all the best in Indianapolis. She has already said that she will be coming to me when they need baby announcements and I will HOLD HER TO THAT. :)

Next week I'll be posting about another wedding invitation. Until then, enjoy your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment