Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Natalie and Nate's Lace Wedding Invitations

One of the joys of this business is getting re-connected with people from my past. Like Natalie. 

A long time ago, when I came home from my year off after college (read - my year to prolong any real decisions) and decided to go back for more college,  I worked with the youth group at my church. Natalie was in the youth group at the time and so when she came to me to make an appointment about wedding invitations I was like WHAT THE HECK HOW ARE YOU OLD ENOUGH TO GET MARRIED.

But she is old enough and she fell in love with a guy from the church who also happened to live right down the street from her and now they are planning an August wedding. When I met with Natalie, I smiled as I listened to the story of how her and Nate were brought together. It was not only good to connect with her as a bride, but great to re-connect with her in general. 

Natalie had a beautiful vision for her wedding invitations. She wanted them to be dark gray and pink, with lace. Here's what we came up with. 


When we first started working on the invitation, we had a very simple design with no frames on the edges. This is what we originally thought might work well with the lace and ribbon, but it just looked a little too simple. 


So we added these frames and I absolutely love the invitation now.


We used Albemarle Swash and Trajan Pro as fonts.


As beautiful as the invitation was without anything else, we tied everything together with ecru lace and pink ribbon.


It completed the set perfectly.


So congratulations to Natalie and Nate! Based on her selections for the invitation alone, I know that the wedding will be gorgeous. :)

Want to hear more about the value of custom invitations? Check out this post

No comments:

Post a Comment