Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Emily and Joseph's Mackinac Island Wedding Invitations

I love Michigan. 

When I was 18, I went to Tennessee for college. When I graduated, I decided to postpone any real decisions about life by moving to North Carolina for a bit and then to Colorado. During those six years, I came to appreciate my home state in a way that I never had before. I love that I have childhood memories of heading up north to Frankfort where we would spend summers on the lake and winters snowmobiling. I love that I have memories of my brothers' hockey tournaments in the U.P. And most of all, I love that my husband and I have begun making our own memories in west Michigan, where we go for the weekend each year for our anniversary. 

So when brides come to me and have some kind of Michigan theme in their wedding, it's more meaningful than it would have been before I left Michigan for a while. What I'm finding is that whether you've moved to Chicago or NYC or Colorado or North Carolina, there's something about Michigan that you come to really appreciate.

This happened most recently with Emily, a bride who is getting married to her groom on Mackinac Island, with only their closest family and friends. We started out with these Save the Dates a few months ago and suddenly it was time to start designing the invitations. 

Here is what we came up with. 


I am not sure what I love the most about what Emily picked out. I knew immediately when she selected the papers she wanted that she was going to have a beautiful invitation. But then she picked out this vintage font and mentioned throwing a tandem bike in there and I was pretty much over the moon excited to see how things would look when everything was finished.


Sverige Script is the vintage font. Josefin Slab is the block font.


Another favorite thing about the invite is that Emily wanted one of the inserts to be "Top Ten Activities on Mackinac Island."


She also had an accommodations card since all of her guests are staying at the same resort.


And a sweet little RSVP.


Emily is such a kind, thoughtful bride and was ever so gracious to work with. I love that she and Joseph have decided to have the small, intimate wedding that they've always wanted. And I can only imagine that Mackinac Island will be the perfect place to have it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment