Thursday, August 23, 2012

Winnie's Baby Announcements

Way more years ago than I want to admit, I began my junior year of college with a super cool R.A. She was a senior and just like her good friend Jenny (whose wedding invites were talked about here), she had the best design sense. In fact, to this day, I remember the little name plates she made for the girls on our hall because they were so cute. 

(Did people that went to big universities have their names on their doors or was that just because I went to a small private school? I've always wondered about this.)

Anyways, this super cool R.A. was named Winnie and she contacted me after her third baby boy was born this past April to see if I could do a baby announcement for her. 

And of course, I said yes. Because who would say no to helping someone declare to the world that this face was now here?


Is this picture not the cutest thing?


I just felt like a simple design would do since Samuel's picture says enough in and of itself.


Font is Big Caslon Medium. Free, of course.

I also love the wording that Winnie chose - "loved by brothers Jack and Henry, gracious gift from God for his parents Jake and Winnie."

I loved doing a little baby announcement for this adorable little guy's mom. He is one lucky baby and I'm sure he will always have the most well crafted name displays in his room. :)

Want to hear more about the value of custom invitations? Check out this post

2 comments:

  1. precious! I loved the wording too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...cutest baby announcement ever. Love the fabric little Samuel is laying on...it ties in perfectly with the design of the card! Jenny, you are so freakin talented!

    ReplyDelete