Monday, February 11, 2013

A Smorgasbord of Wedding Extras

Let's just call this week a Wedding Extra Extravaganza, alright? First, because I love the word extravaganza. Second, because I'm (hopefully) rolling out all of the wedding extras I did from 2012 this week. 

This is important, because if you're like me, you have to close out one thing before you can fully move on to the next. So I've actually had several sets of wedding photos just sitting around from last year that I just never took the time to show off. Which is a great thing because it means that a lot of other projects got in the way, which caused me to not do what I intended to do. But it's also a small tragedy since all of the photos that I'm about to show are amazing and they deserve to be shown off. 

The thing about these particular weddings are that they happened a weeeeeee little bit ago. Like, last spring/summer. Yes, I'm late. But all of these weddings have already been blogged about; I just really wanted to show off how great the wedding extras looked at the actual wedding. So even though I'm running shamefully late, I must do this because I took the time to ask brides to share their photos and so I will show them off right here, right now. No more wasting time. 

First up is a wedding that I was honored to actually be invited to - Seth and Abby's. Here are some of the snapshots from that day. 

First up, a look back at their wedding invitations.

Image by Bella Pictures
After the invitations, we moved on to the extras for their wedding day. We designed some menus. 

Image by Bella Pictures

And the seating chart.

Image by Bella Pictures

And just as a fun bonus, check out how they actually projected the wedding logo we came up with up on the wall at the reception.

Image by Bella Pictures

I can honestly say (since I was a personal witness to it) that Abby and Seth's wedding was beautiful and Abby looked absolutely stunning!

After Abby and Seth's wedding, I began working on Kendra and Bob's wedding. I have to say that I think that their wedding was the one where I fell in love with using Michigan's shape in my wedding invites, as you can see by my pre-made designs in my Etsy shop.

Kendra was living in NYC, but getting married in Michigan. She wanted to bring Michigan into as much of her reception as possible. Check out how lovely everything looked.

Here are the menus...

Image by Mod 4 Photographic

We used five different shades to achieve an ombré effect with all of the extras.

Image by Mod 4 Photographic

Image by Mod 4 Photographic

Side note: LOVE the chairs at this reception.

Image by Mod 4 Photographic

We did tri-fold programs for Kendra's wedding, too.

Image by Mod 4 Photographic

They placed them on each chair and put a different shade of blue in each row. It created such an awesome effect.

Image by Mod 4 Photographic

And then came the ombré place cards. These pictures capture it so much better than I did with the amateur photos I took when I first showed off Kendra's extras.

Image by Mod 4 Photographic

Image by Mod 4 Photographic

The reason behind the ombré was to bring the "lake feel" into their wedding. I think Kendra did this perfectly with the mix of the blue and brown shades.

Image by Mod 4 Photographic

Image by Mod 4 Photographic

In June, Carrie and Ryan got married. You might remember their wedding invitation.

Image by Amanda Williams Photography

Well, we did a few wedding extras for their special day, and Carrie even added little touches to them so they turned out like this.

Image by Amanda Williams Photography

We did very simple table numbers.

Image by Amanda Williams Photography

And programs that Carrie attached little bubbles to for their guests to use as they ran out of the church. (You know what? I'm completely guessing on this and have no proof that it happened whatsoever...but that's generally what bubbles are used for, so I'm going to go with that.)

Image by Amanda Williams Photography

And last, but certainly not least, Danika and James had me do several extras for their wedding. I showed them off in this post from last year, but here are the photos that their wedding photographer took.

Here's the wedding invitation that we designed, looking so pretty in this field.

Image by Capturing Subtleties
 We did a menu that was tucked ever so nicely into each guest's napkin.

Image by Capturing Subtleties
 The little place cards were put into a little moss holder, and the guest's food choice was indicated by a little brad that Danika and her mom attached to each card.

Image by Capturing Subtleties

Image by Capturing Subtleties
 The programs were so regal looking. A tassel was attached to each one to complete the look.

Image by Capturing Subtleties

Image by Capturing Subtleties
And Danika and her mom DIY'd their favor cards. They ordered the same card stock that I used for the rest of their extras and placed a little "enjoy" tag on each favor.

Image by Capturing Subtleties

Image by Capturing Subtleties
Why did I take so long to post this blog? These wedding pictures are beautiful and I'm so thankful that my brides shared them with me.

More wedding extras to come this week!

Want to hear more about the value of custom invitations? Check out this post

No comments:

Post a Comment