Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Brittney's Wedding Shower Invitations

I'm in love with this invite and I don't care who knows it (I would say name that movie, but please...we all know it). 

Izzy is a friend that my husband and I have played volleyball with for a few years now. We play on a competitive league in the winter and let me just be frank - we are pretty bad. But our team is so much fun and we go out every night after our games, win or lose, and have a great time together. 

So a few months after our season ended this year, I was delighted to get an email from Izzy asking if I could help her out with some shower invitations. Her sister-in-law was getting married and she was heading up the shower festivities. 

Izzy wasn't too picky about what she wanted so I was able to play around a bit (which is always fun). Here's what we came up with.


I thought it might be fun to do a little custom monogram for Brittney and her fiancé. I used some artwork from Envelopments and was able to come up with a lovely, free monogram for the married couple-to-be.


The font for Brittney's name is Clarendon Bold Condensed. The rest is Context Reprise Light.


We also did a custom designed envelope.  Such a perfect way to give the guests a preview of what's inside. :) 


The color scheme of this invitation is one of my favorites and I loved working with Izzy in the off-season (you know, when we're working out hard and getting our volleyball game ready for winter league - totally untrue). 

I do hope you all are enjoying these last days of summer. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things this week, and one of the things I want to do is show you some side projects that I've been working on this summer. So this week will be a mini-side project extravaganza if you will and I'll be back on Thursday to show you another one I've been working on. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment